Stonehill Franciscan Services Suspends All Visitors and Implements Additional Precautions in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
UPDATE MARCH 16, 2020 12:00 PM
As Stonehill continues to monitor the unprecedented situation with COVID-19/Coronavirus in the United States we continue to make daily changes to precautions based on recommendations from CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services), IDPH (Iowa Department of Public Health), and CDC (Center for Disease Control). Under direction from the CMS Director, Stonehill suspended all visitors on Friday, March 13 with exceptions being made only in end-of-life situations.
These additional precautions have been implemented today.
* Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 the Stonehill Wellness Center is closed until further notice. Wellness memberships will be extended the number of days we must be closed.
* Stonehill residents will remain within their own households and social distancing will be practiced for Activities.
* The Stonehill Volunteer Appreciation luncheon has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
* Mass is cancelled until further notice and staff is looking at alternate options such as broadcasting Mass.
* No residents will attend outside appointments unless medically necessary.
* All staff are screened, including having temperature taken and recorded, upon entering the building for their shift.
* Stonehill continues to be restricted to NO VISITORS, with exceptions being made for end-of-life situations.
These guidelines are in place until further notice for any questions please call 563-557-7180 and to speak to Director of Nursing, Administrator, or House Supervisor. For Wellness Center questions please 563-690-9640.
Thank you for your understanding as we work to ensure the health and safety of residents.